This space is for all those who knew Lesley to share memories, stories, and tributes to her life and her spirit. To add your posting, email text directly to the blog at clifgold.lesley@blogger.com. (Put title in email subject line). Email photographs to clifgold@hotmail.com

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Lesley at SFSU

Very recently I re-posted an old blog entry to my new blog re: my formative years at San Francisco State University in the early 90's. Lesley was a big part of that heady time, as we were both cast members of Hunting for Moby Dick, a "collaborative response" to Melville. When I heard the sad news today, my mind began racing to "find" those moments of Lesley; I didn't have to look far. Because I remember her take on the character of Pip, which reminded me of Brown Bag Theatre, which reminded me of her performance in a series of short Beckett works. I learned a lot from watching her, from working with her. She was an artist in every sense of the word. We were richer from her presence.
 
Lance Roger Axt

No comments: