This space is for all those who knew Lesley to share memories, stories, and tributes to her life and her spirit. To add your posting, email text directly to the blog at clifgold.lesley@blogger.com. (Put title in email subject line). Email photographs to clifgold@hotmail.com

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Blog entry

I had the profound pleasure of participating in a life-changing experience that Lesley created. At BCI in 2000, she helped a group of us create a play from our own life stories. Sharing some of myself and very personal stories provided me with a sense of peace and closure. I was in touch with her years later as I began creating similar projects with groups of high school students at the American Hebrew Academy in Greensboro, NC. I have now directed three productions with students completely inspired by my time with her, and it's had a huge impact on the lives of these kids and me. I am deeply saddened that she could not find the same peace she has helped to bring me and these young people. I will make sure that her name is forever associated with the project (now called "Telling It True: Theatre of Witness).

Debra LeWinter, drama teacher at American Hebrew Academy

No comments: